top of page
This church building itself is a fine example of Greek Revival design, with its distinctive handling of the Doric portico, the body of the church, and the Corinthian order in the interior. This building, erected in 1843, is the third structure to house the congregation which was founded in 1813 and has served as the mother congregation of Presbyterianism for a large part of southern Virginia.
It has been the source and center for strong Reformed Presbyterian theology for centuries. Without a doubt, the legacy of the Church leaves a great and somber burden on the current members and leadership to carry on the legacy of faithfulness for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Robert Lewis Dabney - Preached at Tabb Street Presbyterian in 1865
William Plumer - Pastor, Tabb Street Presbyterian 1833
bottom of page